[Gambas-devel] [Fwd: Problem with .component file]

PV oreip at ...1...
Sun Jun 5 10:12:58 CEST 2005

Well, I think I got it...
The problem is just that in my case the Controls line shouldn't be there! ;)
In fact, I thought that the Controls line was just a description of the
elements contained in the library and nothing else, but instead actually it is
used (at least) to create the toolbox: since my library doesn't create any
"visual" components to be added to the toolbox, then no Controls items should
appear in the .component file.
Is that right?

This component is almost finished (but I am planning to add also a base64
class): Benoit, if you are interested in having it in Gambas, please let me
know and I'll be glad to give my contribution to the project.

Regards,
Piero

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Problem with .component file
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:58:57 +0200
From: PV <oreip at ...1...>
To: gambas-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

Hi all,

I am writing a component for Gambas which adds four new hash and cypher classes
(MD5, SHA1, SHA2 and AES), but I am experiencing a strange problem with the
relative component file.
In fact, if I use a gb.hash.component file like

[Component]
Key=gb.hash
Name=Hash functions
Name[it]=Funzioni di hash
Author=Pierluigi Vittori
Alpha=1

everything works fine, but if I add one more line like

Controls=MD5,SHA1,SHA2,AES

then, upon opening in gambas a project which includes the new library gb.hash,
everything stops and an error shows up saying "Cannot open project file. Void
key. FToolBox.AddToolBar.36"

If i remove the "Controls=" line, everything goes back to normal.

What am I doing wrong? :-)

TIA,
Piero

P.S. If you are interested in this new component, please let me know and, when
it is finished, I can send you the source code.