[Gambas-devel] Makefile.am and Makefile.in of a component

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Fri Jan 21 15:38:51 CET 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 23:59, Srikanta Prasanna wrote:
> I copied the pcre component directory and made changes to it,
> inclusive of Makefile.am as mentioned in GambasWiki; but am
> not sure if i need to touch Makefile.in. But when I went
> through Makefile.in (of pcre component) I found that there are
> many pcre dependent things.

You don't want to touch Makefile.in, you want to let the autoconf
stuff create that file.  Go to the root of the Gambas source
tree and type ./reconf && ./configure and then you should be
good to build your component.  (I think you also need to modify
configure.in in the root of the tree.... look at the component
quick start page in help or on the wiki for details on the two
entries you need to add.)

Rob