[Gambas-devel] Gambas component queries

Srikanta Prasanna srikantux at ...176...
Tue Jan 18 18:58:58 CET 2005

Hi!

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:24:21 -0500, Rob <sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...> wrote:
> closer to what you'll need to do with ImageMagick, since there
> is data (the image data) that needs to live in the object
> between method calls so you don't have to pass in all the image
> data every time.  (You could do that, but I think it goes
> against every image class that's ever been written, including
> the existing gb.qt ones.)
Thanks! That explains the need of GB in a component. And yeah,
Laurent's "RTFM" helped too :) (The FM: "If the class is instanciable,
declare the structure of your objects. Note that the structure must begin
with a GB_BASE field, and that the other fields are free.")

> Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask questions as needed :)  I'm
> a component newbie too but if you stump me, I will be forced to
> learn something new myself.
Thanks :)

--

regards,