[Gambas-devel] Gambas component queries

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Tue Jan 18 16:24:21 CET 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 05:27, Srikanta Prasanna wrote:
> Thanks!  I went thru the pcre one. And after most of the
> doubts being chased away from my mind, new ones are popping
> up, which i'll again mail about :-) And I found Posix
> component to be more simpler to understand :) One thing I
> observed was that you had used CREGEXP object in pcre, and no
> such object declaration in posix. The declaration of this
> object (which starts with a GB_BASE ob) is solely based on the
> components internal needs, isn't it?

Well, Posix is a static class, so it never is actually
instantiated as an object.  Regexp (in pcre) is a 'real' class,
and so needs an object instantiated in order to use it.  That is
closer to what you'll need to do with ImageMagick, since there
is data (the image data) that needs to live in the object
between method calls so you don't have to pass in all the image
data every time.  (You could do that, but I think it goes
against every image class that's ever been written, including
the existing gb.qt ones.)

> So, all the events (mouse clicks, etc) are received by Gambas
> itself and our appropriate methods (which we register with
> Gambas) are invoked by Gambas at runtime whenever it receives
> any event. Am I correct?

Yeah, that sounds accurate.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask questions as needed :)  I'm
a component newbie too but if you stump me, I will be forced to
learn something new myself.

Rob