[Gambas-devel] Help Re Gambas Component

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Wed Jan 12 19:56:05 CET 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 13:29, Srikanta Prasanna wrote:
> 1: I will be very thankful if someone would point how
> difficult (or how easy) it would
> be (as I know not much about NCurses) and whether it would be
> really usefull.

NCurses, despite being conceptually simpler than Gtk or Qt, will
probably need more groundwork initially than either of those
because it doesn't manage its own event loop.  There are other
toolkits which wrap ncurses and provide that, but I don't think
any of them is very well supported or mature.  I looked into
this myself about 6 months ago and decided it was way beyond my
abilities at the time.  But I think it would be possible, and
desirable as a more featureful alternative to just using
stdin/stdout for console apps.

Rob