[Gambas-devel] Happy new year!

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...101...
Sun Jan 2 18:25:22 CET 2005

El sáb, 01-01-2005 a las 11:28 +0100, Daniel Campos escribió:
> >Happy new year daniel...
> >
> >but i can't compile it... have i  forgotten something ?
> >
> >Fabien Bodard
> >

> OK, the problem is that I'm using the recent 2.6 version of GTK+, as it
> provides some functions
> I need to implement all stuff. GTK+ is poor compared with QT, and at
> least this version helps with
> some extra functionallity.
>
> I suppose that, when I can finish this component, GTK+2.6 will be the
> standard in all major distributions.
>
> You can download and install GTK+ 2.6 from sources, as it is full
> compatible with GTK+2.4... or, if you
> want to test it with less functionallity, you can comment the code that
> does not compile, for example:
>
> gImage* clipBoard_getImage()
> {
>    // gImage *buf=new gImage(0,0);
>
>    // buf->image=gtk_clipboard_wait_for_image(clipBoard);
>    // return buf;
>     return NULL;
> }
>

> Note also that, at Makefile.am, I just placed the flags needed to
> compile in my Mandrake system, if
> you have differen paths, you can perform "pgk-config gtk+-2.0 --libs
> --cflags` and replace the paths
> that you can find in that file.
>
> You can also install GTK+2.6 at /opt, and replace the flags at
> Makefile.am, but I think it is better to install 2.6
> replacing 2.4 :-)) (gtk, glib, pango and atk, of course)
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel Campos

Fabien, I had the same error and I couldn't upgrade to gtk 2.6 from
Debian, because those packages are not available yet, and I didn't want
to "taint" my system  with no packaged libraries, so I have found an
easier way to make this component compile: Just add to the widgets.h
file the following lines:

GdkPixbuf*  gtk_clipboard_wait_for_image    (GtkClipboard *clipboard);
gboolean    gtk_clipboard_wait_is_image_available
                                            (GtkClipboard *clipboard);
void        gtk_clipboard_set_image         (GtkClipboard *clipboard,
                                             GdkPixbuf *pixbuf);
void        gtk_clipboard_set_can_store     (GtkClipboard *clipboard,
                                             const GtkTargetEntry
*targets,
                                             gint n_targets);
void        gtk_target_list_add_text_targets
                                            (GtkTargetList *list,
                                             guint info);

and the component will compile without any problem (of course those
functions won't do anything, but in that way you don't have to modify
the rest of the Daniel code.

Regards.

P.S: Daniel, compiling in my system I have got an error because an
#include <stdio.h> line was missing in gmainwindow.cpp , didn't you
notice that problem?