[Gambas-devel] Happy new year!

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...103...
Sat Jan 1 11:28:29 CET 2005

>Happy new year daniel...
>
>but i can't compile it... have i  forgotten something ?
>
>Fabien Bodard

OK, the problem is that I'm using the recent 2.6 version of GTK+, as it
provides some functions
I need to implement all stuff. GTK+ is poor compared with QT, and at
least this version helps with
some extra functionallity.

I suppose that, when I can finish this component, GTK+2.6 will be the
standard in all major distributions.

You can download and install GTK+ 2.6 from sources, as it is full
compatible with GTK+2.4... or, if you
want to test it with less functionallity, you can comment the code that
does not compile, for example:

gImage* clipBoard_getImage()
{
   // gImage *buf=new gImage(0,0);

   // buf->image=gtk_clipboard_wait_for_image(clipBoard);
   // return buf;
    return NULL;
}

Note also that, at Makefile.am, I just placed the flags needed to
compile in my Mandrake system, if
you have differen paths, you can perform "pgk-config gtk+-2.0 --libs
--cflags` and replace the paths
that you can find in that file.

You can also install GTK+2.6 at /opt, and replace the flags at
Makefile.am, but I think it is better to install 2.6
replacing 2.4 :-)) (gtk, glib, pango and atk, of course)

Regards,

Daniel Campos