[Gambas-devel] gb.gtk 05806 / qt bug

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Sun Aug 7 20:12:10 CEST 2005

Hi Benoit:

>In the version I will release, I made a Stock class in the gambas part of the
>gb.qt component, AND the same Stock class in a new gambas part in the gb.gtk
>component. This Stock class returns stock icons, like the class you did
>before. But I put in the gb.gtk component only GTK+/Gnome icons, and in the
>gb.qt component only KDE icons, all with the same name.

Bad idea for GTK+:

1) GTK+ has these icons included in the same library, so you're wasting
memory
having it twice in memory (and hard disk).

2) Icons can change with the theme. What to do then? They will not look
at the rest
of applications.

I'll write the Stock class directly in the C++ part of the gb.gtk
component for the next release.

>Another problem: while testing this component with a PictureBox, I noticed
>that png images are badly displayed with gb.gtk yet - This is more evident
>with a little zoom.

OK, I'll tyr to fix it

Regards,

D. Campos