[Gambas-devel] gb.gtk 05806 / qt bug

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 7 19:36:35 CEST 2005

On Saturday 06 August 2005 17:32, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi:
>
> New version of the gb.gtk component:
>
> http://gambas.gnulinex.org/gtk
>
> 050806 - Alpha
>
> * FIXED: Window.Mask and Window.Picture works in not top-level windows.
> * FIXED: "Label" code rewritten to avoid extrange problems everywhere.
> * NEW:   "ListBox" Activate event implemented.
> * FIXED: Position of HBox children for RTL languages.
> * FIXED: Window.Raise now works if the window has a parent.
> * FIXED: "PictureBox" mouse events are working now.
> * FIXED: "Label" mouse events are working now.
> * NEW:   "TextBox" Activate event implemented.
> * NEW:   Enter and Leave events implemented fro all controls.
> * FIXED: Frame,Panel,HBox,VBox,Hpanel and VPanel now receive MouseMove
> and MouseUp events.
> * NEW:   "drag" part of DND, "Drag.Icon" and "Drag.Source" implemented.
>

> Benoît, it seems there's a problem with the "Picture" and "Mask"
> properties in the gb.qt component.
> Please try the example I send with this new gb.gtk version and  then
> change to the gb.qt component,
> something is wrong...
>
> Regards,
>
> D. Campos

Hi, Daniel.

I will look at this problem later, as I'm releasing a version now...

As for rtl problems, it is impossible to put the button icon on the right in
qt, because the style classes that draw buttons don't take rtl in account!

The labels should follow rtl layout, this is the reason why there is an
Align.Normal property: Normal means Left for ltr languages and Right for trl
languages. But it seems that it does not work!

In the version I will release, I made a Stock class in the gambas part of the
gb.qt component, AND the same Stock class in a new gambas part in the gb.gtk
component. This Stock class returns stock icons, like the class you did
before. But I put in the gb.gtk component only GTK+/Gnome icons, and in the
gb.qt component only KDE icons, all with the same name.

The only problem is that I didn't find on my computer all GTK+ stock icons
displayed by the gtk-demo program. And that I just put 16x16 icons and a few
32x32 ones.

This is experimental, but I think this is the better way for having the same
code while having a toolkit-based look. We should add to these components all
icons that we find useful, provided that a icon in gb.gtk has a brother in
gb.qt, and vice versa.

Another problem: while testing this component with a PictureBox, I noticed
that png images are badly displayed with gb.gtk yet - This is more evident
with a little zoom.

mailto:gambas at ...1...