[Gambas-devel] XML-RPC component

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Apr 4 16:26:46 CEST 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 17:20, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> this is a pre-version of the gb.xml.rpc component. Both client and
> server are implemented.
>
> I send:
>
> - The gb.xml.rpc component
> - The first documentation I've written about that (sorry for my poor
> english translation, any voluteers to improve it?).
> - A server/client example (this is not the usual use of RPC calls, but
> is funny. Try to use it
>    in two computers)
>
> You'll need gambas-1.9.5 and the patched version of gb.net.curl that I
> sent to the
> list on Friday to test the component and the examples.
>
> Some questions to Benoît:
>
> - As I said in a previous message, I have problems to split the
> component in three parts.

This should be solved by the previous 'gbx_stream.c' patch.

> - It would be nice if I could use the _unknown special method in the
> class, so the client
> would look exactly like a local function. I think Gambas could receive
> this method as:
>
> Public function _unknown(Data As Variant[]) As Variant

Not simple... This needs some elbow grease.

> - I have problems to hide the internals of the component: I have to
> receive events of a
> HttpClient object and a Socket object, but the event handlers must be
> public. Could you
> allow to make them private,

If they are not public, the interpreter can't see them from the outside when
raising the event.

> or may be a new KeyWord in the class,
> something like
> "EXCLUDE function_name, funcion_name..." to not export these symbols?

Maybe you should split your class: one that manage the HttpClient and the
Socket, and another that is exported.

> - Try to use the client when the server is not available: I raise an
> error from my class, but
> Gambas finishes with a #11 signal (segmentation fault) instead of
> showing the error
> message, so the final program can not trap the error and handle it.

I get NO error at all if the server is not running!

But if I run the server, and I move the client button, the server raises an
error: it seems that is does not receive the second integer argument of the
XML/RPC call.

> Regards,
>
> Daniel Campos

mailto:gambas at ...1...