[Gambas-devel] XML-RPC component

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...103...
Sun Apr 3 17:20:51 CEST 2005

Hi!

this is a pre-version of the gb.xml.rpc component. Both client and
server are implemented.

I send:

- The gb.xml.rpc component
- The first documentation I've written about that (sorry for my poor
english translation, any voluteers to improve it?).
- A server/client example (this is not the usual use of RPC calls, but
is funny. Try to use it
   in two computers)

You'll need gambas-1.9.5 and the patched version of gb.net.curl that I
sent to the
list on Friday to test the component and the examples.

Some questions to Benoît:

- As I said in a previous message, I have problems to split the
component in three parts.

- It would be nice if I could use the _unknown special method in the
class, so the client
would look exactly like a local function. I think Gambas could receive
this method as:

Public function _unknown(Data As Variant[]) As Variant

- I have problems to hide the internals of the component: I have to
receive events of a
HttpClient object and a Socket object, but the event handlers must be
public. Could you
allow to make them private, or may be a new KeyWord in the class,
something like
"EXCLUDE function_name, funcion_name..." to not export these symbols?

- Try to use the client when the server is not available: I raise an
error from my class, but
Gambas finishes with a #11 signal (segmentation fault) instead of
showing the error
message, so the final program can not trap the error and handle it.

Regards,

Daniel Campos