[Gambas-devel] Another approach to XML

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Sun Sep 19 23:43:14 CEST 2004

Hi!

Here's my first libxml "release". This just uses the "xmlreader" and
"xmlwriter" API from LibXML (nothing about DOM or SAX here, by now)

Note that i'm using LibXML 2.6.13, and I know that older versions, that
come with Mandrake 9.2, for example, does not contain the xmlwriter API,
so It will not compile using that old versions :-((.

This component has been written using gambas 0.99, I don't know if it
can work with older versions.

I also send the HttpPost example modified so it uses XmlRead and
XmlWrite objects to read and write data, as an example.

I also send the .component, .info and .list files for that component.

Note that expatc approach is very different (parsing using events -
SAX), and expatc library is much lighter than libxml, so consideer what
of both components is the right one for your project...

Regards,

Daniel Campos

For José L. Redrejo:

¿Tal vez te sirva para el show? Me he pegado la paliza para terminarlo
hoy :-)))