[Gambas-devel] sdl component ...

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...141...
Thu Nov 11 21:14:24 CET 2004

Le Jeudi 11 Novembre 2004 19:39, Rob a écrit :
> On Thursday 11 November 2004 12:34, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> > Here a try for a SDL component. It is a pretty ugly piece of
> > code but it is only here to say ... IT WORKS !
>
> Cool, it has an event loop and input support and framebuffer
> support and everything?  I'm heading out of town, really wish I
> could look at this now and hopefully contribute later.

Currently it doesn't manage any events. The is a basic surface management with
alpha and colorkey. Timer seem to work fine (with same syntax as the qt
component) and a *very basic* main screen management.

There too a basic blit for testing if it work. I've join a test file : the
boat from sdl testsuite with a fade in effect and his colorkey enable.

> > It 's very "basic" and there will be a lot of changes but if
> > you have any ideas of the "ideal" syntax ....
>
> I think having it act like a stripped down version of the Qt
> component (where "ME" refers to the current drawable or whatever
> SDL calls the drawing surface, and maybe make a Draw class with
> a subset of the Qt syntax) would be cool.

You should use the 'ME' keywords through class inheritance, but i haven't
think till now about that.

> Rob

Laurent Carlier