[Gambas-devel] A question about events

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun May 9 23:38:58 CEST 2004

On Thursday 06 May 2004 13:50, danielcampos at ...45... wrote:
> Hello Benoit:
>
>  Imagine that I would like to write a GTK component. What are exactly
> the events that I should not process when I'm in the WAIT hook? It seems to
> be all events sent by the user, but I really don't know what are they...

QT has a fonction that just process pending events except the interactive one.

>  Another question : at gambas component documentation, you say that 'WAIT'
> hook must call the event loop... what do you really mean with this?

It means that the wait hook must process event, or wait until a given duration
elapses.

> Actually, if I were working on GTK component I'd call to the gtk
> _main_iteration() to process events, and then sleep the 'long duration'
> time, but gambas would call my wait hook lots of times, as If I were not
> sleeping the 'duration' time...

Look in gbx_subr_misc.c at line 71: the wait hook is called repeatedly until
duration really elapses. Maybe, liek the QT function, the GTK function exists
immediately if it processes at least one event.

> Regards,
>
> Daniel Campos

mailto:gambas at ...1...