[Gambas-devel] compiling gambas 0.82 on debian woody

José L. Redrejo jredrejo at ...101...
Sun Jan 25 14:12:24 CET 2004

Hi, just two things.
I am a LinEx (www.linex.org) developer  and I have made the deb packages of gambas for Debian woody, the names are gambas-doc (contains examples and documentation) and gambas that contains anything else. Debian woody owners can add the line
deb http://www.linex.org/sources/linex/debian/ woody linex
to their /etc/apt/sources.list to be able to install both packages.

On the other hand. I am testing the 0.82 version, and I had some problems to package it . The main problem is that some includes are not valid in a Debian System. I have had to modify the src/lib/db/postgresql/main.c changing these two lines:

#include <server/postgres.h>
#include <server/catalog/pg_type.h>

I have had also to use the following configure line:
 ./configure --with-postgresql-includes=/usr/include/postgresql --with-sdl-includes=/usr/include/SDL/ --with-sdl-libraries=/usr/lib/

That configure line, or those postgresql source changes were not necessary with the gambas-0.8 version, so I think some changes have been done that are not very effective in woody.

Best Regards