[Gambas-devel] gambas database manager - access denied

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 7 23:38:45 CET 2004

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 19:51, Neil Darlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This topic has probably be discussed before but I can't see anything in the
> archives that specifically addresses my situation.
>
> I have a remote MySQL server (router.darlow.co.uk) on which I have
> permissions for myself to access any database owned by me from any host in
> my domain i.e. %.darlow.co.uk.
>
> I can connect to my default database (neil) using the mysql commandline
> client as follows:
>
> [neil at ...95...]$ mysql -h router.darlow.co.uk -u neil -p neil
>
> The problem with the gambas database manager is that it assumes or requires
> some privileges on the mysql database. As DBA of the MySQL server, I don't
> give privileges on the mysql database to anyone other that the root MySQL
> user (why should I, it's a MySQL system database?)
>
> Is there any way to specify the database name when creating a connection
> with the gambas database manager, and if not, shouldn't there be a field in
> the connection dialog to permit specification of the database?
>
> I believe that I operate as many ISPs do in creating databases for MySQL
> users and only assigning them sufficient privileges to work with their
> databases.
>
> Regards,
> Neil Darlow M.Sc.

Hi,

I will add a "database name" field in the server dialog box for the next
version, so that you are not compelled to use the default database to connect
to the server ("mysql" database in the case of a mysql database)

mailto:gambas at ...1...