[Gambas-devel] gambas database manager - access denied

Neil Darlow neil at ...94...
Tue Jan 6 19:51:47 CET 2004

Hi,

This topic has probably be discussed before but I can't see anything in the
archives that specifically addresses my situation.

I have a remote MySQL server (router.darlow.co.uk) on which I have permissions
for myself to access any database owned by me from any host in my domain i.e.
%.darlow.co.uk.

I can connect to my default database (neil) using the mysql commandline client
as follows:

[neil at ...95...]$ mysql -h router.darlow.co.uk -u neil -p neil

The problem with the gambas database manager is that it assumes or requires
some privileges on the mysql database. As DBA of the MySQL server, I don't
give privileges on the mysql database to anyone other that the root MySQL
user (why should I, it's a MySQL system database?)

Is there any way to specify the database name when creating a connection with
the gambas database manager, and if not, shouldn't there be a field in the
connection dialog to permit specification of the database?

I believe that I operate as many ISPs do in creating databases for MySQL users
and only assigning them sufficient privileges to work with their databases.

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc.
--
ICQ: 135505456  E-Mail, Jabber and MSNM: <neil at darlow.co.uk>