[Gambas-devel] About alternative graphical component

Jean-Francois Perreault cmcpero at ...28...
Wed Jan 7 00:20:50 CET 2004

Rob wrote:

>I was actually being facetious; I think the idea of a "drop-in
>replacement compatible with gb.qt's gambas interface" that talks
>to win32 would be much harder than Jean-Francois thinks, and I
>myself wouldn't really be interested in working on such a thing
>without getting paid a lot. There's a *lot* of functionality in
>Qt that you need to learn and integrate a lot of different API's
>to duplicate using native Windows calls (and without using Qt
>itself.)

I didn't mean to create a QT layer on top of the win32 api so that the
gb.qt component can run without change that would be
like reimpleting qt for windows from the ground up , what I meant is to
remake the gb.qt so it can directly use the win32 api ,
nothing left from QT in this , the only thing that doesn't change is the
gambas user side of thing , gambas application would be
unaware of the change but the gambas execution unit would know ,

I really though this could possible (even easy for someone familiar with
the win32 API)

Jean-Francois