[Gambas-devel] gambas fails to install in most platforms except i386

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Dec 18 19:13:27 CET 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 18:31, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> #############################
> The version of libtool used to build this source package is too old to
> correctly support shared libraries for the Debian mips and mipsel
> architectures.  Debian versions 1.5-2 and 1.4.2-7 and higher correctly
> support them.  You need to update all of the libtool related files by
> running the following on your source tree:
>
>         autoreconf --force
>
> You may need to use the --install option as well.  You can also try the
> individual commands needed yourself:
>
>         libtoolize --force --copy
>         aclocal
>         autoheader
>         automake -a
>         autoconf
>
> autoheader may not be needed, and you may need to use versioned binaries
> (autoconf2.13, automake-1.{4,6,7}, aclocal-1.{4,6,7}, etc)
>
> The correct 'configure' script will have output that looks like this:
> linux*)
>   lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all
>   ;;
>
> Older versions of libtool used a file_magic check for the pattern
> file_magic ELF [0-9][0-9]*-bit [LM]SB (shared object|dynamic lib )
>
> The output of file(1) on a shared library on MIPS does not match this
> regular expression, however.  Earlier versions of file had been
> modified to match this regular expression, but the latest version uses
> the same output as upstream once again.  The file check often causes
> problems, and results on a build-dep on file that you might not
> otherwise be aware of.  The new method doesn't need file(1) at all,
> and is far less fragile, so it is best to upgrade the configure script
> with proper mips support.

I have just updated Gambas source package with libtool 1.5, and everything
seems to compile correctly. I will release the 1.0 RC5 as soon as possible so
that you can tell me if everything works.

mailto:gambas at ...1...