[Gambas-devel] selecting printer output tray - possible solution

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Tue Dec 14 14:23:48 CET 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 05:10, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> As a workaround, you can print to a postcript file
> (Printer.File) and execute the command yourself with EXEC.

This is what I have been doing.  It sucks just as much as my
Backtick() function that runs a program and then File.Load()s
its output.  If the Qt printer command thing isn't acceptable
maybe KDE has a printer class with all the CUPS goodness exposed
that I can get into the gb.qt.kde component.

Is Printer.File something you implemented in Gambas or does it
come from Qt?  If the former, could you make it so that you can
print to a pipe?  There are situations where I don't want to be
writing temp files.

Rob