[Gambas-devel] selecting printer output tray - possible solution

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Dec 14 11:10:56 CET 2004

On Friday 10 December 2004 21:36, Rob wrote:
> I was looking through the Qt docs today and noticed that the
> QPrinter class has a member called printProgram.  If we exposed
> that, the user could manually set the command to "lpr -o
> <whatever>" and at least be able to set job options for picking
> the tray or type of paper or whatever.
>
> I will try to patch gb.qt this weekend in hopes of getting it
> included in 1.1.  (Yes, I know I still have gb.pcre to finish...
> ;) )
>
> Rob

The last time I checked this qt feature, I found it buggy. Anyway, I don't
want to allow qt executing programs itself.

As a workaround, you can print to a postcript file (Printer.File) and execute
the command yourself with EXEC.

mailto:gambas at ...1...