[Gambas-devel] context help

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 16 20:44:47 CEST 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 20:29, Rob wrote:
> One thing I think it might be useful to have in the 1.0 release
> is context help - basically, if your cursor is in a keyword or
> symbol, or if you have a keyword or symbol selected, when you
> press F1 to bring up the help browser it would bring up that
> keyword or symbol's page.  An easy way to do this would be to
> have the help browser search for the word that contains the
> cursor, though admittedly the way search works now (ordering
> without regard for relevance) that might be confusing.
>
> I'm just throwing out ideas here, but I may try to implement this
> myself against 0.97 and submit a patch unless someone is already
> working on it.
>
> Rob

Look at the code that is executed when you press F2 key.

It finds which symbol of which class the word under the cursor is. If the
class is not native, then it moves the cursor to the symbol definition in the
class.

It is just matter of doing the same thing, but instead of moving the cursor to
a non-native class, you open the help browser to the symbol of the native
class that was found.

mailto:gambas at ...1...