[Gambas-devel] Re: comments on Automatic changelog

Yizhou He yizhou_he at ...143...
Sat Aug 7 20:27:33 CEST 2004

>I think you should provide the tar.gz of your complete patched IDE
>project.
>This way, I will able to look at the difference with the original 0.96
>project, to easily understand and check your code.

That is why we need this function, The aim is for group developer can
easier communicate each other, that is why all the change is only
compared with the backup based on versions. They can track all the
change they made based on last release version. By sending the
Changelog+Version.txt to each other, by apply the file to the release
function(havn't done yet,do it manually for now), developer can merage
the changes from different develpers.

>This was already done actually: backup files have the '~' character
>appended.

I thought this backup file is made everytime change was made.(I may
wrong) and according to my aims, the appending of version number is
required.

>I think you should use the 'diff' command instead of reinventing the
>wheel.

Thanks for let me know that, I need look into how to use the command.
the wheel I use can be a lot simpler if you can fix the bug in split or
tell me something I don't know to use it. I try to split the string
returned from openfile with "\nEND\n" but the array it return is not
what I expected.

>I think you could put all the changes in the same files little by
>little. Like
>a log file. Don't create a file for each version.

>I think you should put in this file when a new file is added to the
>project,
>when a file is removed, when the project property changed, when a
>translation
>is added, when the version number change, when a package is made... It
>will
>be like an historic.

>You could name this file ".history" or something like that. You must
>put a dot
>before the name of the file, so that this file don't go in the
>executable.

This is not what I want to do. But if you think this is useful too, i
can make both easily.

How can I open the attachment for maillist? All I got is bas64 encoded
text files.

Thanks for comments.

Yizhou He
Research Technician (Xiong Lab)