[Gambas-devel] Compression / "Drivered"

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Sun Apr 25 21:14:07 CEST 2004

Hi;

Well, after my hard work (that I hardly use to do :-), this is the
compression component modified so there's a generic compression
interface and (at this moment) two compression drivers: zlib and bzlib2

My first idea was to call the bzlib2 driver simply 'bzlib', but I'm
not sure if a 'bzlib' (without 2) algorithm exists, so...

Benoit, I suppose you'll need to add any detection routine in the
configure.in for the zlib and bzlib libraries. These are the files
needed to compile the two drivers if you're using Mandrake and urpmi:

 zlib1
 zlib1-devel

 libbzip2
 libbzip2-devel

The headers needed for compilation are placed at /usr/include/zlib.h and
/usr/include/bzlib.h

I think all current Linux distributions have these two libraries
available.

Regards,

Daniel Campos
--
Daniel Campos <danielcampos at ...45...>