[Gambas-devel] An idea

Daniel daniel.campos at ...103...
Thu Apr 15 20:07:12 CEST 2004

> > Regards,
>
> This is the idea :-)
>
> The problem are:
> - The differences between QT and XUL.

Well, of course not all can be translated, but a good interface can
be developed using this class, very much better that those developed
with pure HTML, and fastest, so I will continue working on this
experiment!

> - The dynamic behaviour of the form, i.e. Gambas -> Javascript.

You can not work as you use to do in a remote application, a part of the
work must be done in the server, and another part in the client, so I
will add a gambas-XUL class for any graphical object, so I can manage
events i two ways:

-> To be executed in the client : Javascript added in a string to the
XUL code

-> To be executed in the server : an XML-RPC call to the server,
executed using Gambas code

Unless somebody wants to write a "GambasScript" language for Mozilla and
Konqueror I don't see any way to translate gambas code to javascript in
the client...However knowing Gambas and a little JavaScript, a quite
good server CGI could be written!

> An idea could be making a XUL component. The IDE will draw forms by using QT
> Widgets. But at execution, the translation is done.

I will develope a component in the future, at this moment Gambas is
faster to develope it...

Regards,

Daniel Campos