[Gambas-devel] Gambas future

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...20...
Sat Sep 20 09:35:39 CEST 2003

Le Samedi 20 Septembre 2003 00:19, Rob a écrit :
> On Friday 19 September 2003 17:47, Daniel Campos wrote:
> >  There's one month or more without a new release of Gambas. I
> > know Benoît has been busy, but there's not very much news at
> > Gambas devel list, Gambas Wiky, nor kudla.org about this
> > developement tool ...
>
> Hi,
>
> I did post a request to the list a week or two ago asking people
> to check out the enhanced (but not finished) Gambas class
> documentation wiki at
>
> http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/GambasComponent
>
> specifically, the way all the inherited classes should have their
> inherited symbols listed, and the new presentation of the four
> kinds of symbols (in four columns), but I didn't hear back from
> anyone, so I kinda forgot about it all.

Hi, Rob

Of course I looked at the enhanced doc, but I didn't tell you anything because
I thought you wanted to finish it before.

I think you should put this link on the main page of the wiki so that people
see it.

Here are my remarks:

1) You should put symbols in rows and not in columns.

Instead of:

Event   Property    Methods   Constants
xxxx    xxxxx       xxxx      xxx
xxxx    xxxxx       xxxx      xxx
xxxx    xxxxx       xxxx      xxx
xxxx    xxxxx       xxxx      xxx

I suggest you do that:

Event
xxxxx     xxxxxx    xxxx
Property
xxxxx     xxxxxx    xxxx
Methods
xxxxx     xxxxxx    xxxx
Constants
xxxxx     xxxxxx    xxxx

So that it takes less space on the page.

2) You should use a clearer image to show static symbol (I made a simple 'S'
on the main wiki)

3) You should remove "(class)" after the title of a class. It is not useful,
and you see "_(class)_" in the "ReferenceBy"

4) .Array is not a "child" class of "Application". See "gb core" doc.

5) Symbol inheritance don't work for Array classes.

6) When a symbol has no page, you must create a void one. Example: Control.Id

That's all at the moment :-)

mailto:gambas at ...1...