[Gambas-devel] Networking 0.0.7

Leo Barnhoorn leo.barnhoorn at ...53...
Mon Sep 15 07:44:42 CEST 2003

Hallo Daniel,

On Sunday 14 September 2003 08:57, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  This is 0.0.7 release of networking component. My "experimental
> week" has finished with a success, so now DnsClient can be used
> in asynchronous mode, without blocking. How can it be done? using
> threads (at this moment lots of people starts to shout "what
> in the hell are you doing?!" :)
>
>  Leo : I need more information about your problem, I think you
> are trying to use SeverSocket, but I'm not sure... What are
> the steps to reproduce this problem? A source package of your
> test-application would be very wellcome as I want to fix all bugs
> as soon as possible.
>
> Regards,

The networking component release 0.0.7 is working well also the new stuff.
Well done, i like your work. But the problem is in the ServerSocket is still
not working on my system running SuSE Linux 8.2.

I have take a look in Serversocket source and find this:

/******************************************************************
 This property gets/sets the port to listen to (TCP or UDP sockets)
 ******************************************************************/
BEGIN_PROPERTY ( CSERVERSOCKET_Port )
  int myval;
  if (READ_PROPERTY)
  {

    GB.ReturnInteger(THIS->iPort);
  }
  else
  {

On this place...........
I have change this in ( if(THIS->iStatus==0) )
Now my Project and the component example G2 is working OK.

    if (!THIS->iStatus==0) This new part is the problem for my Project and the
					component example G2.

    {
    	myval=VPROP(GB_INTEGER);
    	if ( (myval<1) || (myval>65535) )
    	{
    		GB.Error("Invalid Port Value");
    		return;
    	}
    	THIS->iPort=VPROP(GB_INTEGER);
    }
    else
    {
    	GB.Error("ServerSocket : Port value can not be changed when socket is
active");
	return;
    }
  }