[Gambas-devel] Networking 0.0.7

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Sun Sep 14 17:57:53 CEST 2003

Hi!

 This is 0.0.7 release of networking component. My "experimental
week" has finished with a success, so now DnsClient can be used
in asynchronous mode, without blocking. How can it be done? using
threads (at this moment lots of people starts to shout "what
in the hell are you doing?!" :)

 Do not worry, this component is safe. I've written a document
(into folder DOC of this source, pdf and openoffice 1.1) explaining
the proccess. May be for Gambas Wiki? In that case, please, correct
the document, as I do not speak nor write English very well, and may
be there are phrases not very well written!

 There's also a new example "G3" at DOC/Examples to show Async-DNS
working, and documentation in HTML has been updated to reflect the
changes.

 Leo : I need more information about your problem, I think you
are trying to use SeverSocket, but I'm not sure... What are
the steps to reproduce this problem? A source package of your
test-application would be very wellcome as I want to fix all bugs
as soon as possible.

Daniel Campos <danielcampos at ...45...>