[Gambas-devel] Gambas future

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Fri Oct 10 22:32:15 CEST 2003

Made a few minor updates to the test wiki, I'm away this weekend
so I won't get it done today I'm afraid.

On Saturday 20 September 2003 03:35, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> I think you should put this link on the main page of the wiki
> so that people see it.

Done...

> 1) You should put symbols in rows and not in columns.

I tried that, and found it very hard to read.  I compromised by
making a second column for a given type of symbol when there are
more than ten of them.

> 2) You should use a clearer image to show static symbol (I
> made a simple 'S' on the main wiki)

I copied yours over to the test wiki, thanks.

> 3) You should remove "(class)" after the title of a class. It
> is not useful, and you see "_(class)_" in the "ReferenceBy"

I did this in the *Export pages, but I'll need to reinstall
Gambas 0.57 in order to rerun my original .help-based export
which is where the _(class)_ references you see now are located.

Or maybe I'll just sed all the existing component docs in the
test wiki, but I kinda hate to think I'll need to do that again
when it's time to go live with the new component docs.

> 4) .Array is not a "child" class of "Application". See "gb
> core" doc.

None of the lists of components or classes are machine-generated
yet, they're the same ones I originally started with (written by
hand back in June.)  I do mean to export those too, but haven't
got the code written yet.

> 5) Symbol inheritance don't work for Array classes.

Are they special-cased (i.e. can I skip including inherited
symbols if they come from the Array class) or is this something
I could run into with other things as well?

> 6) When a symbol has no page, you must create a void one.
> Example: Control.Id

Yeah, I'm generating all this offline and uploading a tarball of
wiki pages.  I'll have to write a program eventually that
locates orphaned *Export pages and creates a skeletal class or
symbol page to include them.

Rob