[Gambas-devel] Hit F5 and run

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Tue May 20 15:25:39 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 03:34, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> So I will add a static public native method "Main" to the Form class that
> will automatically instanciate the form and show it.
> So, no need to add stuff to the IDE. Just set the form as startup class,
> and everything will work. And you will be able to add your own Main
> implementation if you need yet.

This sounds like a great idea and will go a long way towards making people
more comfortable.

As for the global variable problem, I think making the forms available to the
other classes in the project would be a step in the right direction, if it's
technically possible.  What about something like

Dim myTest as Form
Set myTest = Application.Forms("testform")

where testform is the name of the form to which you want to refer?  I know you
don't have an Application object (or equivalent) presently, but I know
somewhere in the interpreter you've gotta be tracking which forms have been
instantiated.... maybe there could also be a way to get a count of forms and
get references to them in a loop.

Rob