[Gambas-devel] Hit F5 and run

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...20...
Tue May 20 09:34:34 CEST 2003

For the "hit F5 and run" functionality, I make this proposal :

Maybe you don't know, but each form class inherits the native class Form.

So I will add a static public native method "Main" to the Form class that will
automatically instanciate the form and show it.

So, no need to add stuff to the IDE. Just set the form as startup class, and
everything will work. And you will be able to add your own Main
implementation if you need yet.

The only problem is that I need to modify the interpreter, so it will be in a
next version only.

Are the "hit F5 and run" guys find this satisfying ? :-)

mailto:gambas at ...1...