[Gambas-devel] Sound

Trax wizardmansite at ...7...
Thu Mar 6 08:05:26 CET 2003

--- Fabien <Gambasfr at ...4...> wrote:
> Le Lundi 3 Mars 2003 10:28, Trax a écrit :
> > Ok my question is will Gambas play wav and midi
> sound files? I am now on my
> > way to download the software.
> >
> > My plans are to program a 2d tile based RPG game.
> Any help in the future
> > would be of great help.
> >
> >    Dev

> > Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and
> more
>
> Actually there is not sound support on gambas.
> But...
> If you have other question about game, i actually
> work on my own game.
> .
>
> There is maybe a soluce for sound , ALL !!! => look
> at http://www.fmod.org/
>
> It's a cross plateform sound api, maybe someone can
> made a gb lib, in a near
> future... (humm)
>
> Fabien

Well I really do not have the skils to use the above
to make sounds work.. Bummer I really had a lot of
Faith in Gambas. I have some C and C++ skills.. But to
tell you the truth I really cannot program in C or C++
it is just to advanced for me... Now with something
like Gambas it would be quite easy to understand.
Anyway I really hope and pray that in the future
somehow Gambas can play wav and midi files. I have
been studying Microsoft Visual Basic and can
understand it quit easy.
That is why I like the idea of gambas it is a BASIC
lang and I understand basic Syntax quite well I looked
at the gamabs syantax in the docs for it and they are
so easy to convert from Visual Basic.. Well in a way
they are... So if you can find someone that can get
sounds to work it would become a dream come true. I
really wanna program a RPG on Linux.
        Dev