[Gambas-devel] Gambas Database Manager - Access Denied

Ken Schrock schrockk at ...26...
Wed Jun 4 00:43:19 CEST 2003

I disagree with his disagreement : -)

Anybody that wants to use Gambas should know RDBMS? Why?

I would like a lot of people to use Linux
Do any of these corporate types have any idea
How VERY difficult it is for "average" or "home" users
To work around all the damn security built into most Linux distros?

If you use Linux or Gambas in an environment where security is important
Then you are probably getting paid for it, and should know what you are
doing
And should be able to handle the security issues that such an
environment entails

Should Joe Blow, who wants to make a small app at home using Gambas
Know all about RDBMS and climb over a mountain of security to do it? NO.

Yes, Benoit, I would like such a thing, I think most "normal" users would

If corp users want a big security version of Gambas, sell them one : -)

--
Using Lindows