[Gambas-devel] Curl library

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Tue Dec 30 00:01:03 CET 2003

Hi Benoît:

 Probably the January 2, I'll have time to restart my work. I've
thinking a little, and may be protocols like FTP are too wide to be
implemented in a reasonably time, so at least while some new classes
can be implemented fully in my own code, I was thinking to use
libcurl to implement a FTP/FTPS client, a TELNET client, and to add a
decent support for Proxies and HTTPS to current classes :

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

 This library has many bindings, and seems to be stable and well-tested
by a lot of people, and has been ported to lot of platforms, so I
suppose it will give stability to the new classes in few time. May be in
the future references to libcurl could be replaced for native code, (if
it provides any advantage)

 Tell me something about the prioritys of "net" component ("HTTPS",
"FTP", etc) for Gambas.

Regards,

Daniel Campos

--
Daniel Campos <danielcampos at ...45...>