[Gambas-devel] problems while installing gambas into a buildroot (needed for packaging)

Dries Verachtert dries at ...87...
Sun Dec 21 17:22:30 CET 2003

Hello,

I would like to inform you that a 'make install' while using a buildroot (with
$DESTDIR) is a bit difficult with the current Makefile.am files. At quite a
lot of places, the variable $DESTDIR is not used.

I created a small patch which fixes the Makefile.am files so a 'make install'
works. The file is attached to this mail.

It might be interesting to change the 'reconf' script so it also does a reconf
in libltdl immediately. It took me a while before i figured out that i also
had to do a reconf in that directory :-)

The patched Makefile.am also checks if $(bindir) is different of /usr/bin,
because if they are the same, the script shouldn't try to create links from
/usr/bin/file to $(bindir)/file.

I still have one problem: the part where it creates the library info files
won't work within a buildroot. Currently it's commented out if you apply the
patch. The command which fails is:
@$(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/gbi -a
The errormessage is:
Cannot read symbolic link /usr/bin/gbx

Is there maybe a solution for this problem so i can also build the library
info files within a buildroot?

Thank you in advance,
Dries Verachtert