[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2144: Picture displayed at wrong Position/ outside of its Container

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Fri Jan 14 19:56:01 CET 2022

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2144&from=L21haW4-

Comment #24 by Benoît MINISINI:

Sorry, but I was talking about the issue only, which is: "Picture displayed at wrong Position/ outside of its Container".

The positioning problem is something else, even it is obviously related. I think it comes from the fact that you are setting the X position of the window, then the Y position, which leads to two different position requests to the window manager (Cinnamon or anything else). One is (X, 0), the other is (X, Y).

I think this is the reason why the window manager becomes confused.

Can you try to use the Move() method instead? It seems to fix the problem on my computer.

Anyway, this is still an upstream bug for me. Logically only the last position request should be taken into account by the window manager, but as these things are not necessarily synchronous, I'm not 100% sure that the window manager receives the requests in the order they are emitted.