[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2139: Could html previewer split horizontal too?

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Thu Mar 18 22:30:20 CET 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2139&from=L21haW4-

Comment #7 by Benoît MINISINI:

> I'll just cry a little about my "horrible" code :'(

It's not what you wrote the problem, but how you designed.

You usually rush into writing code. I suggest you spend more time to carefully think about how to write the code before writing it immediately using the first solution you get in your head.

In the case of IDE development, for example, look how a similar feature is implemented to see if you understand everything. The IDE is not the best code, it still has code writing with Gambas 1.0 (but I try to fix the design step by step).

For the button that toggles between horizontal and vertical split, you should have noticed that there is another button that toggles between showing image or not. But maybe you already used it as an inspiration, and understood how the tool button is associated with a toolbar action, and so on... I haven't looked at your code yet.