[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2139: Could html previewer split horizontal too?

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Thu Mar 18 15:30:43 CET 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2139&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Benoît MINISINI:

The idea is good, but the implementation is horrible.

You must keep HSplit and VSplit as they are (hence their name), and make their parent class a control with an Orientation property, that of course must be hidden in the children class.

Or, better, directly use the Arrangement property to know which orientation to use. No need to add a new property. But more tricky to implement, as setting the Arrangement property of the Splitter must not change the real arrangement of the inner Splitter pane container!

The parent class must be renamed of course, something like "Splitter", HSplit and VSplit becoming deprecated.

---- unrelated stuff ----

By the way, I saw you wrote some documentation in the wiki. Great! But please respect the markdown syntax, and don't write text with random HTML inside with "\" at the end of the line instead of adding two new lines to insert a paragraph. Just search for a page similar to what you want to write, and look at its markdown code to know what to do. Or ask me.

(I saw that in the 'gb.form.editor' part, as I completed its documentation.)