[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2110: QT Italic font gets cut off

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Wed Mar 3 00:51:56 CET 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2110&from=L21haW4-

Comment #11 by Benoît MINISINI:

Guess what: this is what gb.gui.base does.

I am currently reimplementing Label directly in Gambas, as I discovered that the text size routines of Qt5 are right and that its Label widget is buggy.

I don't blame them, as the problem comes from the fact that drawing a text at horizontal position X does not necessarily starts at X. It can start a few pixels before, or after, depending on the font.

But I usually try to use at much as possible native widgets, for style reasons. But Labels are not dependent on widget style... contrary to CheckBox, RadioButton.