[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2028: Could holding backspace down stop autocomplete popup?

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Feb 22 04:05:09 CET 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2028&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Bruce STEERS:

I did not see this for a while but have just had it occurring. sorry it took so long.

in the video i just hold backspace for a couple of seconds

normally the cursor just zooms back in a visible way that I can see it and am quite good at stopping it in time.

but what shows in the vid can happen...

It looks like while it's pausing the cursor image is flickering from busy to not, just for a moment.

then suddenly half the line is gone and i've missed the skill shot (fruit machine term) ;)

it happens quite quickly in the video about 8 seconds in, but you can see the cursor flicker and then most of the line disappears.

maybe it is not the popup help causing it?

I do not know if it is possible to tell if a backspace signal is single keypress or because key is held down.
Possibly a note of time between backspace hits to detect fast key-repeat?

Possibly it does not happen often enough for it to matter?
but i reported it because i thought this sort of thing might be worse on slow machine like RPI so could do with some kind of fix?

Thanks Ben

Bruce STEERS changed the state of the bug to: Accepted.