[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1890: Invisible HTML-Text since V3.15.2

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Tue Oct 6 22:05:02 CEST 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1890&from=L21haW4-

Comment #8 by Claus DIETRICH:

I am currently conducting extensive tests and so far found no dependency on the widget themes delivered with the distro. Will come back on this.

Regarding the TextLabel problem my test results are confirming your comment but leave a related issue. The following graphical frameworks have been selected in the Debug main menu of the IDE:

When using the gb.gui change component:

HTML-Version   QT4      QT5      GTK+2        GTK+3

HTML4          OK       OK       invisible    invisible
HTML5          OK       OK       black only   black only

When using the gb.gui.qt change component:

HTML-Version   QT4      QT5      GTK+2        GTK+3

HTML4          OK       OK       OK           OK
HTML5          OK       OK       OK           OK

This tells me that I didn't make a mistake with the HTML4 syntax but it also means to use HTML5 in the future.
However, the question remains, why GTK+ is displaying black fonts only, no matter what HTML color was set.