[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1621: ComboBox .Border = False not working ?

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Jul 29 01:00:55 CEST 2019

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1621&from=L21haW4-

Comment #8 by Martín BELMONTE:

There are two themes
1) Use of gb.qt by default instead gb.gui
Since gnome a few years ago I go from gtk 2 to 3 I started using mate or xfce usually with ubuntu or some derivative of it. in gambas I created the projects as gb.gui and, as you say, everything fit alone.
I have always tried to use gb.gui but unfortunately in repeated occasions this gave errors with some components and there was no other than to use by force gb.qt which is the advice that is being given in the gambas-es.org forum "If you want to it works fine uses QT ". Apparently this is due to a feeling that QT is better supported or better maintained in gambas development.
2) Use of GTK3 by default instead of gb.gui
A few months ago I use a distro that has gnome 3 (Pop_OS!) That aesthetically is very well achieved. But the best aspect of the controls is achieved by setting gb.gtk3 by default. I have no idea why this happens.
I leave a test project with a form without code and some images captured from the screen for clarity.

Martín BELMONTE changed the state of the bug to: Accepted.