[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1501: Gambas IDE Dialogue Windows without Control Buttons under Mint 19 Mate

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Sun Jan 27 14:33:19 CET 2019

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1501&from=L21haW4-

Comment #6 by Claus DIETRICH:

Hi

Very interesting. Your question comes by surprise, because I was assuming, that you solved the problem.

Her comes the story, my analysis and what I believed to be the cause and solution:

After the Installation of Gambas on Mint 19 from the ppa:gambas-team/gambas3 I recognized, that gb.qt4 was installed. The problems with the windows were immedialy visible. So I added gb.qt5 without any impact. In you above reply Nr. 3 you wrote that Gambas uses gb.qt5 if available. This is not correct according to my observations and you can verfiy this in the system information I sent and my comment provided in message 4 of this thread. Gambas was using gb.qt4 while both frameworks (gb.qt4 and gb.qt5) were installed.

After I de-installed gb.qt4 the Gambas IDE was switching from gb.qt4 to gb.qt5 and the Gambas IDE now worked perfectly with the default desktop settings of Mint 19.1 Mate. I reproduced this behavior e few times with 100% success.

Right after my dicovery an update to Gambas 3.12.2 occured and after its installation I recognized, that the Gambas IDE was now behaving differently. If both frameworks (gb.qt4 and gb.qt5) versions were installed, the Gambas IDE was now choosing gb.qt5. I was assuming that you made this modification and I was happy. Since you are now asking me for more input I cannot exclude anylonger that the sequence of my trials may have caused the "repair". I suggest (if not done yet) to review the Gambas IDE source code to check how my issues could have occured. The goal: gb.qt5 must be used by the IDE if both (gb.tq4 and gb.qt5) are installed.

I didn't try the option "use utility windows". Where can I find it? The option dialogue in the project properties depicts something in German called  "Veraltete Komponenten und Steuerlement anzeigen" which is not a sharp translation of "use utility windows". However, this option is in OFF position and was never touched by me. If still worth/required for faultfinding please let me know - will then be tested.

Best Regards

Claus DIETRICH changed the state of the bug to: Accepted.