Programs version number

Hi,

I change the version in the project properties form or each time I made a executable .gambas but after close and open again the version steel the same.

There are,  in the project folder, a file called ".version" inside its contains the "permanent" version number.

Which file define the version exactly? .project or .version ?

By the way, why there are 2 places to storage the "same" information ?

gambas 3.19.5 from ppa stable, linux mint 22 mate desktop.

Thanks.

Regards.

Martin