Re: FileChooser private bookmarks doesn't seem to work

On Fri, 4 Oct 2024 at 13:06, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Oct 2024 at 12:28, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, 4 Oct 2024 at 02:02, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> I assume you are using GTK and that you mean the bookmark menu does not

>>> Yep , i followed the same instructions. with no success.  , pretty sure
>>> a bug , i put on the bug tracker. I could't figure out the problem.
>>> debugging the source i think the $hPrivate items are not updated, i put
>>> a breakpoint where checks to add the $hPrivate contents but is seemed to
>>> only do the check before i had set the items.
>>>

>> Aaaaah , Finally I figured it out :D
>> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/merge_requests/348
>>
>> Respects
>> BruceS
>>

> Another discovery i have just found that gets this working before the fix.
>
> the static Bookmarks.class (not documented in DirChooser wiki page, i will
> add something)

Okay so the wiki page should be all good now.
https://gambaswiki.org/edit/comp/gb.form/filechooser/bookmarks

I have added info about using Bookmarks.class and warning about the
Collection may now work.
Added an example to match the existing example but using Bookmarks.class.
Plus a notice about both the Collection and the Bookmarks.class must be
different or you'll get duplicate items.
Plus fixed that image link.
Plus added my gtk-3 bookmark reading method as another example.

I think my work here is done...  :)

Respects all
BruceS