Re: FileChooser private bookmarks doesn't seem to work

On Thu, 3 Oct 2024 at 15:38, T Lee Davidson <t.lee.davidson@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 10/1/24 23:45, Bruce Steers wrote:
> > I use this code...
> >
> > ' Gambas class file
> >
> > Public Sub Form_Open()
> >
> >    Dim cc As New Collection[]
> >
> >    If Exist("~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks") Then
> >      For Each sLine As String In
> Split(File.Load("~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks"), "\n", Null, True)
> >        Dim aVar As String[] = Split(sLine, " ", Null, True)
> >        aVar.Insert(["", "", ""])
> >        Dim c As New Collection
> >        c["Path"] = Replace(FromUrl(aVar[0]), "file://", "")
> >        If aVar[1] <> "" Then c["Name"] = aVar[1]
> >        If aVar[2] <> "" Then c["Icon"] = aVar[2]
> >        cc.Add(c)
> >      Next
> >
> >    Endif
> >
> >    FileChooser1.Bookmarks = cc
> >
> > End
> >
> > In the attached picture you can see the FileChooser.Bookmarks list is
> filled but they do not show.
> >
> > The only way i can get any kind of bookmarks to show is by adding
> gb.settings for the user ones.
> >
> > Is it a bug or am i missing something?
> >
> > Respects
>
> I assume you are using GTK and that you mean the bookmark menu does not
> show as a MenuButton in the drop-down as documented at:
> https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.form/filechooser/bookmarks
>
> I used the code on that page and, with Qt5, get the same behavior as you.
> The Bookmarks menu item does not show.

Yep , i followed the same instructions. with no success.  , pretty sure a
bug , i put on the bug tracker. I could't figure out the problem.
debugging the source i think the $hPrivate items are not updated, i put a
breakpoint where checks to add the $hPrivate contents but is seemed to only
do the check before i had set the items.

when it opens the Private bookmarks collection is present in the object but
the list hasn't added them.

> BTW, bookmarks-menu.png linked on that page is: not found.

hmm yeah i guess that's a bug in the wiki.
the filechooser/bookmarks page is a link to the dirview/bookmarks page.

--> ../../dirchooser/bookmarks

The page looks for
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.form/filechooser/bookmarks/bookmarks-menu.png
I put a copy of the image where is expects it to be at that link and it
works.

But i should think that's a wiki bug.

> --
> Lee