Re: MessageView

On 4/10/24 4:44 pm, Benoît Minisini wrote:
Le 04/10/2024 à 07:15, BB a écrit :
Maybe I wasn't real good at explaining this.

With a standalone form, whether it is the top level form or a popup, the message view doesn't try to show itself until MessageView1.Open is called. But when the form is opened as an embedded form in a tabpanel it appears to try and show the MessageView control. In the code for MessageView there is the GetTextWidth() method below. It fails and the execution aborts because $hIcon has not been set.

I have no idea why it's trying to show the message panel just because the form is inside a tabpanel.

As always, please send a little project that reproduces the bug.

Thanks in advance!

That'll take me a couple of days to strip this beast apart. So stand by.