Re: MessageView

Maybe I wasn't real good at explaining this.

With a standalone form, whether it is the top level form or a popup, the message view doesn't try to show itself until MessageView1.Open is called. But when the form is opened as an embedded form in a tabpanel it appears to try and show the MessageView control. In the code for MessageView there is the GetTextWidth() method below. It fails and the execution aborts because $hIcon has not been set.

I have no idea why it's trying to show the message panel just because the form is inside a tabpanel.

On 3/10/24 5:57 pm, BB wrote:

This code doesn't cope when $hIcon has not been set.

Private Sub GetTextWidth() As Integer
Return Max(16, Me.Parent.ClientW - $hIcon.W - $hClose.W - Desktop.Scale * 6) End

which happens when the MessageView has not been called yet, but it does run when the form is opened in a TabPanel.