Re: Proxy for RadioButton

Just popped back to let you know how I'm going.

The custom container with n radio buttons is working a lot better than trying to cope with the mutex in the client form code, no matter which method you geniuses have come up with. By "working a lot better" I mean that it's doing what I wanted, the whole mutex thing is provided at some lower level, Gambas or gui component, wherever.

Now what I was trying to build was a RadioButton that

1) has a label on the left of the button
2) the label was clickable to give the control focus not to change the value
3) doesnt suffer from the bad layout to achieve the left hand label when its in a vertically arranged container (see pic) 4) has a "hidden" clickable area to perform some form level action (but not over the actual button)
5) could use a picture as a label

But it turns out that it is impossible at the radiobutton level but I have managed most of it by way of the containerised approach. Still alpha but I'm getting there.

On the topic of a lone RadioButton and its setability, I reckon that it should be allowed. The reason being that it can provide a minimally sized option which is either on or off. There are other ways to do that of course, but this offers a much smaller control. So which ever GUI was making it always set is WRONG, so there! (I refer of course to the "1968 RadioButton Act of The International Council of Programmers" as ratified by the EU, the UN, the CWA, the ANA etc under the attitude of "its my GUI it'll do what I want!")

Enough time wasting on silly comments, back to work.