Re: Proxy for RadioButton

On Mon, 23 Sept 2024 at 15:34, Gianluigi <gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Il 23/09/24 15:34, Bruce Steers ha scritto:
> >

> > On Mon, 23 Sept 2024 at 13:41, Gianluigi <gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > <mailto:gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >
> >     Il 23/09/24 11:49, Gianluigi ha scritto:
> >      > Il 23/09/24 11:39, Gianluigi ha scritto:
> >      >> Il 23/09/24 03:05, Jussi Lahtinen ha scritto:
> >      >>>     I was thinking more of something like this (see
> >     attachment), but the
> >      >>>     opening doesn't convince me and I haven't understood how to
> >      >>> activate it
> >      >>>     correctly.
> >      >>>
> >      >>>
> >      >>> I think this should be written as custom control and it needs
> >     some work.
> >      >>> Honestly, I would not see the trouble when togglebutton is
> already
> >      >>> available.
> >      >>> Many things I don't like... example you need to get the used
> >     theme and
> >      >>> use the icons from there, otherwise it does not follow the user
> >     chosen
> >      >>> theme.
> >      >>>
> >      >>>
> >      >>> Jussi
> >      >>>
> >      >>
> >      >> If it's an organization where everyone uses the same system, the
> >     theme
> >      >> doesn't appear to be a problem.
> >      >> Action also allows you to add Tooltips, Shortcuts etc.
> >      >> However, mine was just a suggestion, I'm not interested in
> >     creating a
> >      >> component.
> >      >>
> >      >> Regards
> >      >> Gianluigi
> >      >>
> >      >>
> >      >
> >      > I forgot, in Gambas there is a PaintCheck Style, I don't know if
> >     it can
> >      > be exploited by your component...
> >      >
> >      > Regards
> >      > Gianluigi
> >      >
> >      >

> >     If you want you can use the Gambas icons:
> >
> >     Public Sub tato_Click()
> >
> >         Action["check"].Picture = Picture["icon:/16/draw-circle"]
> >         Last.Picture = Picture["icon:/16/modified"]
> >
> >     End
> >
> >     Regards
> >     Gianluigi
> >

> > To stay true to the desktop theme this is how you use Style.PaintOption()
> >
> > Private hPicTrue As Picture
> > Private hPicFalse As Picture
> >
> > Public Sub _new()
> >
> >    hPicTrue = New Picture(16, 16, True)
> >    hPicFalse = New Picture(16, 16, True)
> >
> > Paint.Begin(hPicTrue)
> >    Style.PaintOption(0, 0, 16, 16, True)
> > Paint.End
> >
> > Paint.Begin(hPicFalse)
> >    Style.PaintOption(0, 0, 16, 16, False)
> > Paint.End

> [...]

Yes you do to a certain extent.

But actually that's only if you want to play around with non default sizes,
it's fine with 16x16
one of the toolkits (gtk or qt) only ever renders a 16x16 Style Option
picture regardless of the chosen size, where as the other one will give
larger sizes.
so if you want bigger you need to stretch the rendered 16x16 image.

I was just showing a real way to honor the users toolkit preferences as
Jussi pointed out was an issue and you didn't seem to have the right answer.

but it's cool , I'm not actually making a control either and am just trying
to be clever too ;) lol

I don't even think bruce is making a custom control anymore either, he's
gone a completely different route now :D
🤣